Monday, June 29, 2009

M.I.A.

OH, how I have neglected my blog! This is mostly because we were gone on a service trip to Detroit all last week, but also partially because there just isn't much to blog about. As mentioned in my last post, I spent a serious amount of time attempting to make a dent in the mess that is our office. I sort of succeeded. I have come to terms with the fact that I just have too much stuff for this teeny little room, but I have not managed to talk myself into getting rid of much just yet. I weeded through some old artsy magazines, and moved my ginormous collection of paint swatches and other inspirational home design goodies into one of the blue Ikea boxes... but there is still more that needs to either be tossed or put to use somewhere. Either way, progress was made, so that's good.

I do hope to have some exciting stuff to post later this week seeing as Dan confirmed today that the demo permit for the garage has been issued! Now we're just waiting for them to schedule the actual demo and buh-bye little shack with no electric, graffiti on the door, and barely enough room to get my little engine that could of a Civic in there. In just a couple of weeks I will be saying hellooooo to our beautiful new two-car. I think I might end up so excited about the fact that my car will be parked in a real garage for the first time ever that I will inevitably wear out the battery in my garage door opener within days just from playing with it. Or not. But really, I can't wait to be able to go out to the garage, have a light turn on so I'm not feeling around (and FREAKING OUT) in the dark, and then just hit a handy little button to make the door open and shut. It's the little things that make me happy, really.

I'm still debating about colors in the office but am starting to lean towards painting the entire room with a yellow and just using the gray as an accent color. I've used a lot of "cool" colors in the house and am thinking it'd be a nice change of pace to have a warmer tone fill a room. Plus, with the blind open there's some great sunlight in here during the day, and I think a dull gray would just take away from that. We'll see. I managed to get in on the Glidden free paint giveaway (which is now over so I'm not posting a link) and ordered a free quart of "Refreshing Mimosa", a close match to the Pantone color of the year I'm so crazy about. I'm planning to try it out in a couple of spots on the walls to see how it looks before settling on painting the whole room. Indecisiveness at it's best!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails