Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another Rug

Apparently I'm on a bit of a rug kick lately... most likely because the hardwood floors at home are FREEZING in this weather, so I'm always looking for a way to warm up the overall feel of the house a bit. Dan did buy me some great moccasin slippers for Christmas to help keep my feet from being numb, but I think I need to rough them up a bit - the bottoms are soft, and therefore slippery, and you'd better believe I took a nice fall down the ENTIRE flight of basement stairs in them the other night. Ridiculous. Thankfully, I walked away with just a couple bumps and bruises, but I clearly need to be a little more cautious when I'm dragging my feet around in my cozy slippers.

So, I'm still planning to snatch up a quirky little rug for the kitchen, and now I've also got my eye on the Andalusia Rug from West Elm. Featured in yellow in one of their latest lineups, I'm thrilled it's also available in brown and therefore the perfect way to compliment my brown accent wall in the bedroom. At $99 for a 3x5, I can't complain about the price, although I'll have to measure and see if that would look too small in the space between the bed and the dresser that I'm looking to cover up. The $229 5x8 is a little pricey for me considering I promised myself that my beloved living room Pottery Barn rug would be my one and only rug splurge, so I'm crossing my fingers on the 3x5. (For the record, I still loooooove my Pottery Barn rug, and I truly think it completed the living room, which is a great feeling!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails