Thursday, August 19, 2010

Birthday Girl

I've been 28 for about 8 hours, and so far I am LOVING it. Here's a few reasons my birthday has been fabulous (and it's only 3:30!!) -

1. Maryrose sent me flowers at work. I was insanely excited to receive them:


2. My coworkers threw me a fun little party with tons of non-chocolate goodies this morning. Cheesecake bars and maple bacon cupcakes (um, yum) were big hits.

3. Bethanie, our newest production team member, surprised me with a chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a, which as you may know is NOT yet open in Illinois. Yep - she got it for me from another state! Her parents were driving through Indiana this morning, and she had them stop to pick me up a treat. By far one of the best birthday surprises ever!


All of the projects I need to release today at work are already done (this is shockingly abnormal by the way), so Dan will be picking me up promptly at 5 to hang out for a bit before our 6:30 dinner reservation with friends. We're going to Tango Sur, which is described as a "meat-lover's dream", so in other words it is likely going to be my new favorite place by the end of the night. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails