Wednesday, January 6, 2010

De-clutter

Thanks to one of my favorite blog reads - Centsational Girl - I am officially resolving to de-clutter in the new year. In fact, I'm even going to go back after I write up this entry and add it to my little list of resolutions because for some reason, I think that will make it seem more certain. I am vowing to do this, and my 10 followers will now know, which is bound to make me feel more accountable for it.

Centsational Girl wrote this amazing entry about all of the de-cluttering she's been doing, and her story made me picture her whirring through her house like the tazmanian devil, donating old clothes and shredding old papers just like I need to do.

Here's some quick excerpts from her note -

"The Clutter Monster broke into my house sometime last year, and made himself right at home. At first I didn’t mind. He’d leave a pair of socks here, or a few papers there – nothing to get too worked up about. I was so distracted... that I didn’t realize how this new roommate, The Clutter Monster, had really impacted my life."

Um, is she talking about my house?

"I finally realized over the holiday break that any time I was feeling a sense of anxiety in my life, it was because I was overwhelmed with all of the “stuff” in my home that I was forced to take care of. There were many days I would literally throw my hands up in frustration..."

Ummm, is she talking about ME?

Unfortunately, I realized this whole clutter = anxiety thing a long time ago, and pretty much didn't do a single thing about it over my nice long holiday break. Oh well. I DID have one of my little moments of organization and completely cleaned out the pantry on Sunday night, which was still technically holiday break time, so I suppose that counts for something. Better late than never right?

So, with my newly cleaned out and organized pantry and the Centsational Girl to inspire me, I'm on a mission to de-clutter my home, and in turn, my life. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails