Tuesday, December 9, 2008

hack

After I decided that the 2 Ikea Expedit bookshelves took up too much of the precious floor space in our office, Dan found this really great blog called "Ikea Hack" where people send in their clever Ikea projects - using pieces from Ikea in ways that they aren't necessarily meant to be used. And wouldn't you know it... one of their most recent entries showcases the exact size Expedits we bought - MOUNTED to the wall. The end result is incredibly creative and I get excited just thinking about having that amount of easy-access storage for all of my design stuff and our books - not to mention the huge amount of workspace created by taking the bookshelves off the floor! Because of our dormered ceiling we will not be able to replicate this exactly, but I definitely plan to use it as an inspiration as we transform this room!

Here's the "after" picture from the blog -

(image from http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/)

This color combo may also be exactly the funky twist I was looking for, but hadn't quite settled on yet. Hmm...

PS - I got a refund on our $74 from Tradewinds. In case you have not already figured this out - I do NOT recommend this company!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails