Sunday, April 12, 2009

Unfair

Happy Easter... and Happy Birthday to Dan! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday more than Manda and I did - we were both cooped up with the stomach flu - my second round of the bug in less than 2 weeks. I honestly didn't even know it was possible to get the same flu twice in a row, but I suppose if anyone could manage such a thing it would be me!

Since we figured I was done being sick LAST week, we had a birthday party planned at the house for Dan last night, which I didn't want to cancel just because of my 2nd round of the flu. So, the Lawlers and a few of Dan's friends still came by while I hung out at my parents' house with the other sick one. Although I definitely wish Manda wouldn't have had to deal with the throwing up and the fever I am becoming very well acquainted with, I was thankful for her company and we both got a couple laughs out of making fun of ourselves for being so miserable.

Seeing as I have been nearly constantly sick and our Chicago weather has yet to warm up for more than a day or two at a time, we haven't done a whole lot around the house lately. But, Dan did buy himself a birthday present that I'm excited to use lots in the coming warmer months!

1 comment:

Kate Riley said...

Girlfriend, have you ever felt the love from standing next to a warm grill flipping some deliciously marinated foods, dressed in a cute retro apron, while holding a cold adult beverage? Tell Dan to move over !

By the way, I am IN LOVE with the Kenmore Retro BBQ in that vanilla color at Sears. Finally, a girl's kind of grill. I'm hoping I'll get one to replace my broken down grill for Mother's Day. Call me crazy. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails