Sunday, October 18, 2009

So. Many. Apples.

It's been an entire week since we went apple picking... I have baked an apple pie, an apple cake, and a huge batch of apple muffins. Manda and I dipped half a dozen homemade caramel apples last night, and there's 10 minutes left in the oven on my latest undertaking - caramel apple cream cheese cookie bars. We've been eating apples for breakfast and snacks... and I STILL have about a dozen left to find something to do with. Manda really wants me to tackle homemade apple sauce, and I'm thinking about it simply because I think I could probably use up the rest of the apples and make enough to share. We'll see.

I realize I have yet to post any of the recipes for any of the above mentioned baked goods, but I'm hoping after tonight's excursion I can blog about them all together in one big post. That is, if tonight's experiment turns out - I took a formatted recipe and changed it up quite a bit to fit my own taste and available ingredients! Fingers crossed the finished product tastes as good as it looks.

Since it's nearly my bedtime and I am fairly certain I am walking into a crazy week at work tomorrow, I figured I'd post the pictures from our apple picking trip that I finally uploaded this weekend... and then get to bed. Here's hoping I can sleep even though I slept in yesterday and today AND took a nap this afternoon. Ridiculous, I know, but I can't help it when it's so darned cold outside and in the house and so so warm underneath our two down comforters. I spent the weekend so cold I even busted out my adult-sized one piece pjs that my mom got me for Christmas last year. (Yes, I seriously own one piece pjs. And I'm proud of it. I only wish they were footie pajamas.)


Here's a teaser from my first apple undertaking... Dan cutting into his dutch apple pie...


Kadence liked it...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails