Friday, November 13, 2009

Beat down

You know those days when everything that could possibly go wrong does, and everything that could possibly stress you out does, and everything that could possibly tick you off or put you on the verge of tears... does? Well, that's how this entire WEEK has been for me, and I couldn't be happier that it will be over after this last long afternoon. I have not left work until around 7 every night this week, I continue to feel like I'm coming down with something although so far (knock on wood) no real sickness has surfaced, I'm worn out and tired, and the winter blues are kicking in despite the mild weather... all in all I feel like I got in some kind of major fist fight with my own life this week.

That being said, I have clearly done a whole lot of NOTHING (like blogging) after getting home from work in the evenings. Dan has had meetings every night, so I skipped cooking and ate things like cereal, Trader Joe's fried rice, and a solid half-pint of my favorite Ben&Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream. Nothing like well balanced dinners to round out the day, huh?

Today, I'm grateful that it's Friday, the casual dress code at work allows me to be in a comfy fleece and flats, and I don't have any concrete plans for the weekend. Hopefully a couple days off will rejuvenate me and I'll be able to snap out of my funk and get back to my usually self AND finally catch up on my blogging. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails