Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Finally

We (finally) put a bed in the extra bedroom!

You might recognize this as our old full-size bed. Yep - we've officially upgraded to a queen!

Even though it's only been a couple of weeks, it's been great having an actual bed in the extra bedroom for guests. Ryan was over one night (he and Mr. Lawler actually did all the heavy lifting with Dan to get the beds in their new rooms - Thanks guys!!!), and Manda stayed over last weekend. I'm excited to have somewhere comfortable for guests to stay in the future!

I made the bed up with my favorite duvet cover from Ikea that's been sitting in the closet unmatched to a room, and added the two great turquoise striped pillows that I got on clearance at Target for $4 each. I love how the orange dress in the painting above (which belonged to my Grandma) pops now with the matching bedding. Dan and Ryan joked that the room actually almost glows orange, and while I don't completely disagree, I would more say that it just brightens the room up!

The rest of the room houses a tv stand, a packed bookshelf, and an old dresser Dan got at church that I'm dying to paint. With all of this furniture in one teeny little room it's definitely a bit crowded, so I'll be re-evaluating the room as a whole eventually, but for now it's working out great.

Unfortunately, the queen frame we got for our bedroom plus a box spring and mattress added up to the us literally having to CLIMB into bed... so we still have to figure out a solution for that. In the meantime, the box spring is hanging out taking up space in the office so the mattress alone makes for a more normal height bed. I'm hoping to find a different frame that sits lower to the ground, but so far no luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yey! I can come sleep over now!

-Allison

Related Posts with Thumbnails