Sunday, January 4, 2009

...and your blessings be more

Well here we are at the end of the holidays, with Monday morning looming over everyone. I am terrified that I am going to sleep straight through my alarm tomorrow, seeing as I have knocked my sleep schedule off by a solid 4 or 5 hours in the last two weeks. Luckily, it's early and I'm already feeling sleepy... so hopefully with a little writing I'll be all set for bed and ready to get back to the real world in the morning.

What a huge help it was to have nearly two full weeks off of work to spend at the house! I'm extremely proud of everything we've gotten done, and our progress is really starting to pay off. Here's a BUNCH of pictures of everything coming together!

First up, the finishing touch on the kitchen - crown molding -


If you look closely, you can see the Irish blessing trivet from my mom and Manda hanging above the sink. It reads:
"May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door" - What a perfect outlook for the new year. Thanks also go to my Uncle Joe and Aunt Marie for the generous Home Depot gift card they got us as a housewarming present, which we used to buy Dan the finish nailer he'd wanted and needed for the molding!

My mom and Manda also surprised us with two other Irish housewarming pieces - a gorgeous plate with another blessing and celtic knot on it, and a little tealight lantern with a shamrock on it. They look great on the mantle -


Our living room is becoming more comfortable and homey every day. More new decorative additions - a mirror from my aunts Debbie and Cinde, and a candle holder for the fireplace from Mrs. Lawler, something I've wanted ever since we moved in -



Dan's most exciting Christmas present from his parents rounds out the living room... his new "catnapper" recliner -


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and a huge thanks to our families and friends for making our first Christmas and New Years in our house so special.



Hardworking pictures of the dining room to come in the next post!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails