Monday, July 11, 2011

Easy Fix

Way back in November, I blogged about trying a DIY pendant fixture for the hallway... then we got engaged over Christmas and my priorities shifted BIG time as I jumped head first into wedding planning. So, the light kit Dan hung to replace the ugly old fixture that was in the hallway when we bought the house has been hanging for months with just a lightbulb on the end and no fixture of any kind covering it. Honestly, it was a little embarrassing when people came over, but we've been busy and it wasn't top of mind. Thankfully, Ikea came to the rescue on Friday afternoon when we were there grabbing a couple of things I needed for wedding decor. For $13 we got this great oversized shade with a subtle tone-on-tone floral pattern on it that's just perfect for the hallway. I was even able to hang it up myself last night while Dan took Louie Louie for a walk. Being as cheap and simple as this was, I'm happy to say it was an INSTANT upgrade for the hallway!



There's a part of me that thinks the light is hanging a little low now, but considering both Dan and I are fairly short I'm fine with it in the meantime. Now if we can just find the time to get that hallway painted...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails